How young was your child when they first played this?
How does your child play this? Alone, with friends, with family? How did they discover it and what kept them coming back for more?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Our examiner, Ben Kendall, first checked Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon 10 weeks ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 4 weeks ago.
In the distant future, a miraculous material dubbed Coral is discovered on the distant planet of Rubicon 3. After the first attempt to extract it ends with a cataclysmic disaster that renders the whole system uninhabitable for years, Coral is all but forgotten. When a second attempt is made to claim it, you are sent to recover it from the ruins of the planet, using your Armored Core (AC) mech suit to fight off resistance groups and treasure hunters.
Play involves constructing your AC suit and then using it to traverse the levels and defeat enemy ACs. When building the mech out of the parts you have, you need to carefully consider what weapons you want, how to supply them with energy, how to dissipate the heat they produce, and how you want your mech to move. There are multiple ways and parts you can use to address each issue, and experimenting with different parts and builds is essential to finding what works best. Combat is fast-paced and takes place in the air and on land, using your weapons to attack and quickly dodging incoming fire. Defeated ACs yield new parts you can use to upgrade your own suit, slowly increasing your strength and capability.
The result is a game where the fun comes as much from creating and designing your mech to suit your needs as it does from the fighting. Slowly iterating on your designs to address flaws and discover novel part combinations is a unique and rewarding challenge.
Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon is the latest game in the Armored Core Series, all of which offer the similar gameplay challenge of designing your own suits and using them in combat:
- Armored Core (1997) PlayStation 1, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita
- Armored Core: Project Phantasma (1997) PlayStation 1
- Armored Core: Master of Arena (1999) PlayStation 1
- Armored Core 2 (2000) PlayStation 2
- Armored Core 2: Another Age (2001) PlayStation 2
- Armored Core 3 (2002) PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita
- Silent Line: Armored Core (2003) PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita
- Armored Core: Nexus (2004) PlayStation 2
- Armored Core: Nine Breaker (2004) PlayStation 2
- Armored Core: Formula Front (2004) PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable
- Armored Core: Last Raven (2005) PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita
- Armored Core 4 (2006) PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
- Armored Core: For Answer (2008) PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
- Armored Core 5 (2012) PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
- Armored Core: Verdict Day (2013) PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
- Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (2023) PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC
You can play this game in the following styles:
Rated for younger players in Australia. Rated Parental Guidance (PG) for Coarse Language, Drug Reference, and Mild Science Fiction Violence.
The developer provides the following Mature Content Description on Steam: "Frequent Violence or Gore, General Mature Content".
14+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. You need to come up with inventive mech designs that suit all your needs while still staying structurally sound and usable. Combat is also fast-paced and requires quick reactions and reflexes.
- You need PlayStation Plus to play online with PlayStation Vita.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
Armored Core VI Fires Of Rubicon
Armored Core VI Fires Of Rubicon - Deluxe Edition
Armored Core VI Fires Of Rubicon Deluxe Edition
Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- You need a subscription to play online:
The Deluxe Edition of the game includes a digital artbook and soundtrack. You can buy the Deluxe Edition content if you get the base game.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 24/08/2023
Out Now: PC, PS Vita, PS4, PS5, PSP, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
Content Rating: PEGI 12
Skill Rating: 14+ year-olds
Players: 1 (2 online)
Components: 3D Third-Person
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon. We also have a long list of games similar to Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon.