What's the youngest age someone could enjoy playing this?
How does this game work for children of this age in your family?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Our examiner, Ben Kendall, first checked Bridge Constructor 17 months ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 3 months ago.
In each game, the core objective is always the same; build a bridge, using limited resources, that spans a gap in the geography that is stable enough for a large vehicle to safely cross. You use a variety of parts, including support columns and beams, you need to ensure the bridge can take the weight of the vehicles.
Later games add new game mechanics and change the setting. For example, Bridge Constructor Medieval sees you using bricks and wooden planks to construct the bridges and also adds the challenge of having to build roofs to defend the horses and carriages moving across from enemy catapult fire. Bridge Constructor Portal is a crossover with the Portal series and has you using sets of portals to move your vehicles across huge distances at high velocity. Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead, a collaboration with The Walking Dead has you being chased by hordes of zombies, and makes you come up with unique and inventive bridge-based traps to defeat your pursuers.
There have been several games in the series, each with the same core game mechanics and educational element, but each also adds a unique twist to the formula, be it in setting, gameplay or both:
- Bridge Constructor (2011) Android, iOS, PC, Mac and Playstation Vita.
- Bridge Constructor Playground (2012) Android, iOS, PC, Mac and Wii U.
- Bridge Constructor Medieval (2014) Android, iOS, PC and Mac.
- Bridge Constructor Stunts (2015) Android, iOS, PC, Mac, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Bridge Constructor Portal (2017) Android, iOS, PC, Mac, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead (2020) Android, iOS, PC, Mac, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
10+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it’s important for parents and guardians to ensure they understand in-game purchases and have spending limits set-up. It can often be difficult to make the bridges structurally sound, so a reasonable amount of skill and perseverance are needed.
Google Play Pass
|Xbox Series X|S||-|
Bridge Constructor Playground
|SALE||Wii U||£8.49||Unavailable On Digital Store|
Bridge Constructor Portal
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
There is extra content that is available to buy for certain games on the platforms those specific games are available on:
- Bridge Constructor trains (Bridge Constructor (not available on att platforms)).
- Bridge Constructor Portal - Portal Proficiency (Bridge Constructor Portal).
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 01/12/2011, updated in 2020
Price: 80% off
Out Now: Android, Mac, PC, PS Vita, PS4, PS5, Switch, Wii U, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and iOS
Content Rating: PEGI 3
Skill Rating: 10+ year-olds
Accessibility: 23 features
Components: 2D Side-On
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Bridge Constructor. We also have a long list of games similar to Bridge Constructor.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Bridge Constructor.