How young was your child when they first played this?
How does your child play this? Alone, with friends, with family? How did they discover it and what kept them coming back for more?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked Cadence of Hyrule 3 years ago. It was re-examined by Ben Kendall and updated 6 weeks ago.
The king of Hyrule has been forced into slumber by a villainous threat that’s determined to spread a cacophony of enchanted music across the land. You explore the randomly generated overworld and dungeons to find the king. Navigate the mystifying Lost Woods, wander the streets of Kakariko Village, and visit many memorable locales from The Legend of Zelda series. You might even see a familiar face or two on your travels!
Both you and the enemies move in time with the music. This not only gives the action a turn-based feel but keeps the excitement going as you have a limited time for each turn: just a couple of beats. Time your movements to the music and on-screen beat bar to strategically outstep Octoroks, Lizalfos and even Lynels in rhythmic combat. Then enter each dungeon and you’ll find an ever-changing gauntlet of items, challenges and, at the end of each one, a powerful boss monster.
You can play this game in the following styles:
10+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it’s important for parents and guardians to ensure they understand in-game purchases and have spending limits set-up. You need to have good timing and be able to think ahead. This makes it a little harder than the usual old-school Zelda games
Cadence Of Hyrule: Crypt Of The Necrodancer Featuring The Legend Of Zelda
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- In-Game Pass: Purchase a season/battle pass to gain access to limited in-game purchases, reward items and other aspects of the game.
A free update for Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer adds the following modes, accessible once you have finished the main game:
- Octavo's Ode: a new storyline starring the game's villain, Octavo. Attack enemies using his Golden Lute and uncover Octavo's true intentions for taking over Hyrule.
- Dungeon Mode: test your mettle in this challenging new mode where you'll face the toughest foes!
- DLC Pack 1 Character pack adds Impa, Shadow Zelda and others.
- DLC Pack 2 Adds new songs.
- DLC Pack 3 Symphony Of The Mask new adventure as Skull Kid, with new mask based abilities.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 13/06/2019
Out Now: Switch
Content Rating: PEGI 3
Skill Rating: 10+ year-olds
Components: 2D Overhead and Pixels
Cadence of Hyrule is part of The Legend of Zelda franchise of games:
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Cadence of Hyrule. We also have a long list of games similar to Cadence of Hyrule.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Cadence of Hyrule.