What's the youngest age someone could enjoy playing this?
How does this game work for children of this age in your family?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Our examiner, Ben Kendall, first checked Marvel's Midnight Suns 14 months ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 12 weeks ago.
When the demonic Lilith and her monstrous army threaten the universe, the Avengers resurrect The Hunter, who long ago defeated Lilith. You turn this hero into your own unique character, then fight alongside a host of Marvel staples like Iron Man, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange against this ancient terror. Between fights, you talk with the heroes and get to experience their lives when they're not overcoming evil.
You choose the gender, hair colour, clothing and other aspects at the start of the game. You then take this character and two other Marvel heroes into turn-based fights. Like XCOM or Mario + Rabbids, you issue commands to each of the three characters in turn, but here your actions are limited to those reflected by cards randomly assigned at the start of each fight, forcing you to use creative strategies and continually change your attack style. You need to make good use of the environment to help you defeat multiple enemies at a time; for example, by launching an enemy into a barrel of oil you can blow up anything in the nearby vicinity.
Between battles, you talk to the heroes you've unlocked at your base of operations and join them as they go about their day-to-day lives. You grow closer with those you talk to more, increasing their strength in battle and getting a peek into their lives when they're not busy being the earth's mightiest heroes. The base is also where you upgrade your cards to become stronger in battle and contains plenty of secrets and unlockables that aid you in your mission.
The result is a game that offers a strategic challenge where you work to make maximum use of your team, but at the same time you are pressed into adjusting your plans depending on which card-based attacks and actions you have.
10+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content. The turn-based play removes the requirement for quick actions, but the complexity of the attacks and abilities present is considerable.
Marvel's Midnight Suns
Marvel's Midnight Suns Digital+ Edition
Marvel's Midnight Suns Digital+ Edition For PS4
Marvel's Midnight Suns Enhanced Edition
Marvel's Midnight Suns Legendary Edition
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- In-Game Pass: Purchase a season/battle pass to gain access to limited in-game purchases, reward items and other aspects of the game.
There are four different versions of the game, each with different prices and varying content:
- Standard Edition, Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.
- Enhanced Edition, Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. Comes with the Enhanced Premium Pack, which contains 5 extra cosmetic skins for the heroes in the game.
- Digital+ Edition, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC, digital only. Comes with the Digital+ Premium Pack, which contains 11 extra cosmetic skins, including the 5 from the Enhanced Premium Pack.
- Legendary edition, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Comes with the Legendary Premium Pack, which includes 23 cosmetic skins including the aforementioned 11, as well as the Season Pass, which grants access to four pieces of additional content to be released in the future.
The extra content included in the season pass will be available to purchase separately regardless of which edition you buy.
The Switch version of the game is coming later than the version for all other platforms.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 07/10/2022, updated in 2023
Out Now: PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
Content Rating: PEGI 12
Skill Rating: 10+ year-olds
Accessibility: 27 features
Components: 3D Third-Person
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Marvel's Midnight Suns. We also have a long list of games similar to Marvel's Midnight Suns.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Marvel's Midnight Suns.