How does your child play this? Alone, with friends, with family? How did they discover it and what kept them coming back for more?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Play involves placing towers to stop the onslaught, each one has different abilities (rapid fire, long-range, air-focused) that deal with enemies at different rates and are effective at different kinds of attackers. Destroyed enemies give you coins and gems which can upgrade and research new towers.
Unusually, for this kind of tower defence game, you also control a character who runs around the world while the enemies approach. This character is used to do the coin collecting and tower building, rather than doing this from above using a cursor.
- PixelJunk Monsters
- PixelJunk Monsters 2
- PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD (2013)
- PixelJunk Monsters: Deluxe (2010)
Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked PixelJunk Monsters 2 years ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 7 months ago.
You can play this game in the following styles:
7+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it’s important for parents and guardians to ensure they understand in-game purchases and have spending limits set-up. There is some skill needed in controlling your character to place items but with a little help, even very young players will enjoy this.
- You need PlayStation Plus to play online with PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to Nintendo Online, but can then create accounts for children of any age to play online with Nintendo Switch.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4.
|Unavailable On Digital Store
PixelJunk Monsters 2
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate
Pixeljunk Monsters 2
Pixeljunk Monsters 2 Deluxe Edition
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- You need a subscription to play online:
PixelJunk Monsters Encore expansion pack adds 15 more themed levels, including some inspired by Pac-Man and Space Invaders.
PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe on PlayStation Portable, contains all of the level content from the original game and its Encore expansion pack, as well as new levels, enemies, and towers.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 24/01/2008, updated in 2018
Out Now: Mac, PC, PS Vita, PS3, PS4, PSP, Switch and Wii U
Content Rating: PEGI 7
Skill Rating: 7+ year-olds
Players: 1-2 (4 online)
Components: 2D Overhead