How young was your child when they first played this?
How does your child play this? Alone, with friends, with family? How did they discover it and what kept them coming back for more?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked Portal Knights 3 years ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 5 months ago.
In a world torn apart by the Fracture and terrorized by the Hollow King, you and your friends are its only hope. You can craft items such as pickaxes, swords and tools to smash blocks, fight monsters, and construct elaborate buildings, armour and weapons. As you do that you level up your character.
Choose to be a Warrior, Mage or Ranger, then customize your appearance, abilities, and gear. As you progress, along with levelling, you can acquire more powerful weapons, spells, and special abilities. When you are ready you can take on the Greatbeast "boss" creatures.
Along with the adventure you create, the world itself is evolving around you. The ever-changing landscape responds as you complete quests and earn exclusive items during random events across the fractured world.
You can play this game in the following styles:
11+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it’s important for parents and guardians to ensure they understand in-game purchases and have spending limits set-up. For players looking for more challenge and role-play options than Minecraft this is a great option. You need to manage your character's abilities alongside the crafting, mining and combat.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to Nintendo Online, but can then create accounts for children of any age to play online with Nintendo Switch.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4.
Google Play Pass
Portal Knights: Legendary Edition
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- You need a subscription to play online:
You can purchase packs that grant new characters, outfits, creatures and locations.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 25/02/2016, updated in 2017
Out Now: Android, PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One and iOS
Content Rating: PEGI 7
Skill Rating: 11+ year-olds
Players: 1-4 (4 online)
Genres: Role-Play (Action, Adventure, Creative, Fighting, Narrative and Simulation)
Components: 3D First-Person, Blocks, Day and Night and Open World
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Portal Knights. We also have a long list of games similar to Portal Knights.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Portal Knights.