What's the youngest age someone could enjoy playing this?
How does this game work for children of this age in your family?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked Slither.io 8 months ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 12 weeks ago.
It's a game that has periods of viral popularity. Although it's now less popular it's still a really enjoyable game. Although play starts as a simple task of avoiding other snakes and collecting pellets, you soon need to develop tactics to trap and trick other players. You might quickly guide your snake in front of another player. Or you may encircle another large snake and then slowly constrict your path until they have no space left.
The result is a simple game that requires a surprising amount of skill and perseverance to do well at. There are a large number of similar games on this theme:
- Agar.io: Control cells trying to absorb each other.
- Paper.io: Control a square of paper trying to turn the playfield into your colour.
- Diep.io: Control a tank to outgun other players.
This game is good if you want to:
4+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it’s important for parents and guardians to ensure they understand in-game purchases and have spending limits set-up. You need some dexterity to control the movement of the snake, but particularly on touchscreen this is simple enough for very young players.
Account RatingYou don’t need a platform subscription to play this game online.
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- Advertising: Smartphone or Tablet version of this game includes adverts. This varies in form but watching ads is often incentivised by unlocking additional content and progress in the game. Note that these are not covered by the age rating and may include older-rated content.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 25/03/2016
Out Now: Android, Web and iOS
Content Rating: PEGI 3
Skill Rating: 4+ year-olds
Players: 1 (500 online)
Components: 2D Overhead
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Slither.io. We also have a long list of games similar to Slither.io.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Slither.io.