Our examiner, Jo Robertson, first checked SnowRunner 2 years ago. It was re-examined by Andy Robertson and updated 5 months ago.
You play in a range of different regions after specific disasters have taken place: floods, snowfall and pipeline breaks. This sets the scene for you to earn money by helping the situation. As you do you can buy better vehicles that can traverse deeper into the difficult terrain. Some missions are set within a specific time limit, with rewards that get better the faster you complete them.
You can earn aesthetic and mechanical customisations for your vehicles. These range from changing the colour to altering the kinds of tires or installing a frame attachment. The mechanical changes help you complete more missions.
You can play this game in the following styles:
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to Nintendo Online, but can then create accounts for children of any age to play online with Nintendo Switch.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4.
|Xbox One||£34.99||–||Free |
Xbox Game Pass
PS Plus Extra
Snowrunner (Windows 10)
Snowrunner - 2-Year Anniversary Edition
Snowrunner - 2-Year Anniversary Edition (Windows)
Snowrunner - 3-Year Anniversary Edition
Snowrunner: Premium Edition
Snowrunner - Premium Edition
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- In-Game Pass: Purchase a season/battle pass to gain access to limited in-game purchases, reward items and other aspects of the game.
- You need a subscription to play online:
You can purchase additional content for the game in the form of vehicles and the following bundles:
- Year 1 Pass: Exclusive Sabertooth skin for the Heavy Duty Derry Longhorn 4520, as well as new vehicles, new skins, new missions, new maps to explore.
- SnowRunner - Season 1 Search & Recover: Russia’s Kola Peninsula alongside new vehicles, missions, skins.
- SnowRunner - Season 2 Explore & Expand: Scour the maps to find resources and build a huge processing plant across two freezing new maps in Yukon, Canada, and get three new vehicles, exclusive skins.
- SnowRunner - Season 3 Locate & Deliver: Haul giant logs and bring old railways to life in the remote wilderness of Wisconsin, USA. Enjoy two huge maps, new vehicles and add ons, exclusive skins, unique missions.
- SnowRunner - Season 4 New Frontiers: Rebuild an old soviet rocket launchpad in Amur Oblast, a huge new winter region and receive two new vehicles, exclusive skins and cosmetics.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 28/04/2020, updated in 2021
Out Now: PC, PS4, Switch and Xbox One
Content Rating: PEGI 3
Players: 1 (4 online)
Accessibility: 11 features
Components: 3D Third-Person, Day and Night and Open World
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed SnowRunner. We also have a long list of games similar to SnowRunner.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to SnowRunner.