How young was your child when they first played this?
How does your child play this? Alone, with friends, with family? How did they discover it and what kept them coming back for more?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Our examiner, Rich Adams, first checked A Short Hike 3 years ago. It was re-examined by Andy Robertson and updated 5 days ago.
Claire the penguin-like character is visiting her Aunt, who lives and works in a provincial park. Jump, climb, and soar through the various regions of the park. Meet other folks along the way, some of whom are dealing with their own problems. Find hidden tools and treasures to prepare for your ascent to the peak. A Short Hike is a relaxed but sincere expression of the peace and simple joy of a walk in the woods.
- Explore the island any way you like. Choose your own path to follow and see where it leads you. You never know what you might stumble into!
- Hike at your own pace — there’s no need to rush to the summit! Take your time fishing along the river banks or swimming by the lakeshore.
- Collect hidden treasures to reach new heights. Try taking a dive off the mountain peaks to soar above the forests.
- Chat with the other hikers you meet along your route. You might be able to help each other out!
- Listen to a lush original soundtrack by Mark Sparling that progresses dynamically as you explore the wilderness.
On Nintendo Switch, A Short Hike adds a new set of islands that have been discovered along the northern shore, where you can go to find the local rental shop. From there, you can take out a motorboat to cruise along the waters of Hawk Peak Provincial Park in style! This update will be available for free to PC players of A Short Hike as well.
A Short Hike
|Xbox One||£6.69||–||Free |
Xbox Game Pass
Xbox Game Pass
YOu can play in 4k on PlayStation 4 Pro, PS5 or Xbox Series X|S version.
Release Date: 05/04/2019, updated in 2021
Out Now: Mac, PC, PS4, PS5, Switch and Xbox One
Content Rating: PEGI 3
Skill Rating: 7+ year-olds
Accessibility: 26 features
Components: 3D Third-Person, Open World, Pixels and Weather
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed A Short Hike. We also have a long list of games similar to A Short Hike.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to A Short Hike.