Our examiner, Ben Kendall, first checked Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora 11 weeks ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 11 weeks ago.
You play a Na'vi from the planet of Pandora, abducted from your home by humans at the time of the first film and forced to train as a soldier. You wake from a 15-year forced sleep to find that the humans have returned to find precious materials and are wreaking havoc. Your task is to use your Na'vi and Human knowledge to defeat the invaders and save your home.
Play involves exploring the dense forests, arid plains, tall mountains to deep gorges to find the tribes and learn new skills. You attack and drive out humans from their many bases scattered across the world from land and air, using your flying mount to navigate the skies.
As you progress you learn to combine human weapons and technology and the more primitive but just-as-deadly Na'vi tools to fight. When you conquer an outpost, the surrounding environment begins to heal and reclaim the land, yielding fruits and valuable resources you can use to grow in strength.
The result is a game that draws on classic experiences like Far Cry and Halo, with their focus on exploration and combination of weapons, respectively. It offers you the chance to explore an interactive and immersive Pandora for yourself, witnessing the lush landscapes, flora, and fauna up close. Seeing the world respond to your actions as nature rebuilds itself over defeated outposts is both hugely rewarding and enables further progression as you harvest the resources to grow in strength.
You can play this game in the following styles:
10+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content. It's also important to ensure children understand in-game purchases and have spending limits set-up. You need to be precise and accurate when shooting weapons, and fast reactions and reflexes are needed. You also need to be able to explore the large world and be strategic about how you affect it.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox Series X|S.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 5.
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
|Xbox Series X|S||Coming Soon|
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- You need a subscription to play online:
There are three different editions of the game:
- Standard Edition, which comes with the game only.
- Gold Edition, which includes the game, two pieces of extra content to be released post-launch, extra cosmetics, and an extra quest.
- Ultimate Edition, which includes everything in the Gold Edition plus extra cosmetics and a digital art book.
You can pay to upgrade to a higher edition after you buy the game.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 07/12/2023
Coming Soon: PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X|S
Content Rating: PEGI 16
Skill Rating: 10+ year-olds
Players: 1 (2 online)
Components: 3D First-Person, 3D Third-Person, Day and Night, Open World and Weather
We used our Game Finder tool to hand pick some games to fill the void until Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora is released. We also have a long list of games similar to Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora.