Our examiner, Ollie Robertson, first checked Darwin Project 2 years ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 9 weeks ago.
Darwin Project takes place in a dystopian post-apocalyptic Northern Canadian Rockies before a new Ice Age. It's essentially a game-show but where contestants can die. Ten prisoners are spawned into a snowy map and can only choose three pieces of equipment to start with (bear traps, cage traps, snowballs, hooks, gliders, and tripwires).
You can play this game in the following styles:
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 5.
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- You need a subscription to play online:
You can pruchase Ramen, the currency tha allows you to purchase cosmetic enhancements as follows:
- Darwin Project Ramen Snack
- Darwin Project Starter Pack
- Darwin Project Ramen Binge
- Darwin Project Ramen Dinner
- Darwin Project Ramen Stockpile
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Darwin Project. We also have a long list of games similar to Darwin Project.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Darwin Project.