What's the youngest age someone could enjoy playing this?
How does this game work for children of this age in your family?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked Dirt 3 years ago. It was re-examined by Ben Kendall and updated 10 weeks ago.
- Colin McRae: Dirt (2007) on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC
- Colin McRae: Dirt 2 (2009) on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS, Mac and PC
- Dirt 3 (2011) on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC and Mac
- Dirt: Showdown (2012) on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC and Mac
- Dirt 4 (2017) on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Mac
- Dirt 5 (2020) on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC
Dirt 5 offers rally-cross, ice racing, stadium super trucks and off-road buggies. Players can compete in events in a wide range of locations including Arizona, Brazil, China, Italy, New York City and Norway. There is changing weather and seasons that affected the performance of vehicles. This is accompanied by a narrative-career mode.
You can play this game in the following styles:
9+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it’s important for parents and guardians to ensure they understand in-game purchases and have spending limits set-up. You need good reactions and an appreciation of driving techniques to get the most from this game. Younger players may enjoy it with the help of a more experienced adult, or with more assists turned on.
- You need PlayStation Plus to play online with PlayStation 3.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
Dirt 5 Year One Edition
|Xbox One||£74.99||–||Free |
Xbox Game Pass
|Xbox Series X|S||Free||–||Free |
Xbox Game Pass
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- You need a subscription to play online:
You can purchase additional cars and team boosters that give you a unique team offer, a unique engineer and two unique facilities.
The following in-game purchases are available:
Dirt 5: Year One Upgrade
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 01/01/2007, updated in 2020
Out Now: DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PS5, Stadia, Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
Content Rating: PEGI 3
Skill Rating: 9+ year-olds
Players: 1-4 (8 online)
Accessibility: 28 features
Components: 3D First-Person and 3D Third-Person
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Dirt. We also have a long list of games similar to Dirt.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Dirt.