Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked Dying Light 2 22 months ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 7 months ago.
Dying Light 2 Stay Alive is set twenty years ago as the city falls. It's the last large human settlement but torn by conflict within and with the zombies. Your hope is to save the city, as you hone your skills and slowly start to defeat enemies and make allies. As you progress you are haunted by memories and dark secrets behind the wielders of power. Your choices have consequences, particularly which side you will fight for?
You play the game on your own or online in up to four-player teams. This can be on your own private city or one where other people can join and affect how things play out. As well as the combat and strategy, there's a huge world to explore. You can participate in the life of a city engulfed in a new dark era. Discover hidden passages as you explore its multiple levels and locations.
As day passes into night you need to decide the best time to venture into dark hideouts of the Infected. Sunlight keeps them at bay, but once it’s gone, monsters begin the hunt, leaving their lairs free to explore. Again, how you approach this will shape the future of The City and the balance of power.
There are other similar games from this developer:
- Call of Juarex (2006) PC, Xbox 360
- Call of Juarez Gunslinger (2013) PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Updated for Switch.
- Dead Island (2011) PC, Mac, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4.
- Dead Island Riptide (2013) PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4.
- Dying Light (2015) PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Mac, Switch
- Dying Light 2 (2022) PC, Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S
The result is a game that is not only shocking and violent but one that lets you experience the dramatic shift in the world, as you come to terms with your own past and hope to forge a less violent future.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
Dying Light 2
Dying Light 2 Stay Human
Dying Light 2 Stay Human PS4&PS5
Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Deluxe Edition
Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Deluxe Edition PS4&PS5
Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Ultimate Edition
Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Ultimate Edition PS4&PS5
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- You need a subscription to play online:
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 04/02/2022
Out Now: PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
Content Rating: PEGI 18
Players: 1 (4 online)
Components: 3D First-Person, Day and Night and Open World
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Dying Light 2. We also have a long list of games similar to Dying Light 2.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Dying Light 2.