Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked The Last Of Us Part II 3 years ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 12 months ago.
Although the game has the common shooting with firearms and fighting with improvised weapons, you must also use stealth and covert tactics to survive. The main hostiles are humans and mutated creatures from a strain of the Cordyceps fungus. The complex cover system enables you to use obstacles to gain advantages and circumnavigate dangerous encounters. Running through the action is a deep and mature story about commitment, anger and love.
This game is good if you want to:
- Be supported to remember and visualise
- Play a story, but play the previous games first
- Use motion controls on PlayStation 4
- Learn photography in video games
- Use motion controls rather than sticks
- Consider gender
This game has been the inspiration for the following activities:
You can play this game in the following styles:
This has been enjoyed by families in the following styles:
The game includes a trans character who joins you during play and at one point they are deadnamed by an enemy character.
16+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content. You need patience and emotional maturity to appreciate the themes and dialogue that develop.
Our Game Pathways reveal how 18-year-olds play this game:
- 18-year-old: Embracing Thrillers
The Last Of Us Part II
The Last Of Us Part II Digital Deluxe Edition
There are different versions of the game available for collectors in both digital and physical form:
- Last of Us Part II Standard Edition: The game on its own.
- Last of Us Part II Digital Deluxe Edition: Digital soundtrack, Digital Dark Horse mini art book, Six PSN avatars for PS4, PS4 dynamic theme.
- The Last of Us Part II Special Edition: 48-page mini art book, steelbook, PS4 Avatar set, Dynamic theme.
- The Last of Us Part II Ellie Edition: Amray Case, Steelbook, Premium packaging, Statue, Premium art print, Letter, 48 page mini art book, Ellie's bracelet, Replica of Ellie's backpack, Exclusive keychain, Vinyl record, Avatar set, Digital soundtrack, Digital art book, Making-of documentary access, Additional digital content.
Release Date: 19/06/2020
Price: 67% off
Out Now: PS4
Content Rating: PEGI 18
Skill Rating: 16+ year-olds
Accessibility: 48 features
Components: 3D Third-Person and Day and Night
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed The Last Of Us Part II. We also have a long list of games similar to The Last Of Us Part II.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to The Last Of Us Part II.