How young was your child when they first played this?
How does your child play this? Alone, with friends, with family? How did they discover it and what kept them coming back for more?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked Wii Party U 3 years ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 4 months ago.
While the games are generally of similar high quality, some have stood out for families. Using the Gamepad between the two players offers a simple way to play baseball or football in a real novelty. Lost-and-Found Square is another strong game in the collection, where one player uses the Gamepad to see the game world around them and must describe what they see so the other players can use their Wii Remote to locate them from their instructions.
There are five board games where you advance by playing 80 different mini-games in the TV Party section of the game:
- Highway Rollers (1-4 players, 45 min)
- GamePad Island (2-4 players, 45 min)
- Mii Fashion Plaza (1-4 players, 60 min)
- The Balldozer (1-4 players, 30 min)
- Teammate Madness/Team Building (1-4 players, 20-30 min)
There are other modes that offer simple fun party games to play in a group in the House Party section of the game:
- Button Smashers (2-4 players, 5-15 min)
- Name That Face (3-4 players, 15 min)
- Lost-and-Found Square (3-4 players, 5-20 min)
- Sketchy Situation (3-4 players, 20 min)
- Do U Know Mii? (3-4 players, 30 min)
- Water Runners (2-4 players, 10 min)
- Feed Mii! (3-4 players, 15 min)
- Dance with Mii (2-4 players, 10 min)
There are seven games you play against other people with the Gamepad between you, in the Party section of the game:
- Tabletop Foosball (1-2 players, 5 min)
- Tabletop Baseball (1-2 players, 5-10 min)
- Mii-in-a-Row (1-2 players, 20 min)
- Tabletop Gauntlet (1-2 players, 5 min)
- Tabletop Minigames (1-2 players, 5 min)
- Animal Matchup (2 players, 5-15 min)
- Puzzle Blockade (2 players, 5-15 min)
There are seven other mini-game collections in the Mini-game section of the game:
- Minigame Collection (1-4 players, 5 min)
- Freeplay Challenge (1-4 players, 5-30 min)
- Bridge Burners (2-4 players co-op, 15 min)
- Dojo Domination (1 player, 20 min)
- Battle of the Minigames (1-4 players, 15-25 min)
- Tabletop Tournament (1-4 players, 10-15 min)
- Spot the Sneak (2-4 players, 10-20 min)
You can play this game in the following styles:
You can only play this on older systems (Nintendo Wii U) but can usually find it second hand on eBay.
Wii Party U
|Wii U||£19.99||Unavailable On Digital Store|
You can purchase the game with a Motion Plus enhanced Wii Remote in the box.
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Wii Party U. We also have a long list of games similar to Wii Party U.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Wii Party U.