How young was your child when they first played this?
How does your child play this? Alone, with friends, with family? How did they discover it and what kept them coming back for more?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked Aliens: Fireteam Elite 2 years ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 11 months ago.
Play involves creating your character and then teaming up with two other people to take on the horror-survival missions. If you don't want to play with other people (friends or strangers) you can opt for two computer-controlled partners instead.
You can choose between five types of characters (Gunner, Demolisher, Technician, Doc, and Recon) and need to play each differently if your team is going to survive. Together you work through four campaigns with three missions each. As you progress things get more difficult with friendly fire, more classes of aliens and larger levels. Between missions, you can customise and progress your character.
If you want some more reading on the game you can read Aliens: Infiltrator by Weston Ochse, which tells the backstory of the events that lead up to the game.
15+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
Aliens: Fireteam Elite
Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Into The Hive Edition
Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Ultimate Edition
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Deluxe Edition
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Ultimate Edition
Aliens: Fireteam Elite: Deluxe Edition
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- You need a subscription to play online:
Free and paid additional content is being added over time. For example:
- Season 1: Phalanx brings new combat-shield-wielding Phalanx class kit, 4 new weapons and new unlockable cosmetics.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 24/08/2021
Out Now: PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
Content Rating: PEGI 16
Skill Rating: 15+ year-olds
Players: 1 (3 online)
Components: 3D Third-Person
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Aliens: Fireteam Elite. We also have a long list of games similar to Aliens: Fireteam Elite.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Aliens: Fireteam Elite.