What's the youngest age someone could enjoy playing this?
How does this game work for children of this age in your family?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked Bit Trip 2 years ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 10 months ago.
The series of games each focuses on retro music-powered fun, but also offers an ongoing story that develops through each game. From the cutscenes to the backgrounds and even the names of the levels, the game offers an intriguing message full of lore and speculation.
The games in the series are as follows:
- Bit.Trip Beat: (Wii, iOS, PC, Mac, 3DS, Switch) Like classic pong but you are defending waves of incoming blocks to the beat of the music. You can play with up to four players cooperatively.
- Bit.Trip Core: (Wii, 3DS, PC, Mac, Switch) You control a plus shape and fire a beam in four directions. You must destroy patterns of blocks that zoom across the screen.
- Bit.Trip Void: (Wii, 3DS, PC, Mac, Switch) You control a black circle that you must grow by collecting black squares and dodging white squares.
- Bit.Trip Runner: (Wii, PC, Mac, 3DS, Switch) You jump, slide, kick through 50 levels and defeating bosses.
- Bit.Trip Fate: (Wii, 3DS, PC, Mac, Switch) You travel through the world automatically and must shoot enemies in time with the music. By defeating enemies and collecting the items they drop you can enhance your weapons.
- Bit.Trip Flux: (Wii, 3DS, PC, Mac, Switch) This combines elements from the first five games, changes in the graphics and music of the title reflect how well the player is doing.
- Bit.Trip Presents Runner2: (Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Vita, iOS) Spiritual successor to Bit.Trip Runner with the same main character and play style. However it follows a side-story rather than the main developing plot.
- Bit.Trip Saga/Complete: (3DS, Wii) Compilation of the series on Nintendo 3DS and Wii. The 3DS version added stylus control and the Wii version added 20 different challenge levels of difficulty for each game.
- The Bit.Trip: (PS4, Vita) Compilation of the first six games on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. It adds achievements and difficulty levels from Complete.
- Bit.Trip The Complete Original Series: (Switch) The first six games in a compilation for the switch. It adds achievements and difficulty levels from Complete.
- Runner3: (PS4, Switch, Mac, PC) A rhythm platform game sequel to Bit.Trip Presents Runner2.
8+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. The skills for the different games vary. But relatively good reactions are required for each. Some are in relation to other players and some are in time with a beat or the music. Players with good perseverance who can enjoy the bright visuals and playing with others will get the most from this.
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Release Date: 28/04/2009, updated in 2018
Out Now: Mac, PC, PS3, PS4, Switch, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360 and iOS
Content Rating: PEGI 3
Skill Rating: 8+ year-olds
Components: 2D Side-On and Pixels
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Bit Trip. We also have a long list of games similar to Bit Trip.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Bit Trip.