Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked Asphalt 9: Legends 2 years ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 10 weeks ago.
You drive a range of hundreds of cars, each from a different class and progressively featuring higher performance and rarity. You start with a car in the lowest class (Class D), the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X and work your way up. Each car can be customized with paint jobs, rims, and brake callipers.
Racing is fast and furious and towards the quick competitive end of the spectrum rather than realism. You can use "nitro shockwave" to increase speed substantially. There are three modes: Career, Multiplayer, and Events. There are three race types: racing, time attack and hunted where you must escape the police
The game features tracks set in Cairo, the Himalayas, the U.S. Midwest, Scotland, and the Caribbean. It also brings back five locations from previous games in the series: San Francisco, Rome, New York City, Shanghai and Osaka.
You can play this game in the following styles:
Asphalt 9: Legends
- In-Game Loot Boxes: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. These include in-game purchases of random items (known as 'loot boxes') that offer a chance of getting rare/higher-value items although common/lower-value items are more frequent.
You need a subscription to play online:
- You need to purchase a Nintendo Online subscription to play online with Nintendo Switch.
The game is free, but does incentivise the purchase in-game items.
You can buy the game and content together in the following packs:
- Asphalt 9: Legends -- Italian Bundle
- Asphalt 9: Legends Triple Threat Bundle
- Asphalt 9: Legends – High-Gear Bundle
You can start the game for free and then buy individual packs:
- Asphalt 9: Legends Starting Racer Bundle
- Asphalt 9: Legends -- Italian Pack
- Asphalt 9: Legends Triple Threat Pack
- Asphalt 9: Legends – High-Gear Pack
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Asphalt 9: Legends. We also have a long list of games similar to Asphalt 9: Legends.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Asphalt 9: Legends.