What's the youngest age someone could enjoy playing this?
How does this game work for children of this age in your family?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Our examiner, Ben Kendall, first checked Brawl Stars 2 years ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 10 weeks ago.
Each Brawler has a main attack and 3 other abilities:
- Super, which is like the Brawler's special attack
- Star powers, which are passive abilities which can deal damage to opponents or aid you in myriad other ways
- Gadgets, which are unlock-able abilities which deal massive amounts of damage.
There are 7 different types of game mode to play in, all of which can be played with other people:
- Showdown (Solo), a Battle Royale against 9 other players where the last man standing wins.
- Showdown (Duo), the same as Showdown (Solo), but with a teammate by your side.
- Gem Grab, a 3v3 game where the first team to collect 10 purple gems is crowned the victor.
- Bounty, another 3v3 game where you get more stars for killing your opponents.
- Heist, where you need to destroy the opposing team's safe all while protecting your own.
- Robo Rumble, where your team needs to protect a safe from hordes of robots.
- Brawl Ball, where you must score a goal against an opposing team.
By winning fights, you move through a progression system called the Brawl Pass. The rewards are quite generous, giving you loot boxes, skins, emojis, coins and Brawlers. It refreshes every two months. You can also view your progress and claim milestone prizes on the "Trophy Road".
Cross-Platform: You can play across Android and iOS.
You can play this game in the following styles:
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
The game allows you to buy its premium currency, gems, for real money. The price of these ranges from $2.79/£1.99 for 30 to $69.99/£49.99 for 950.
The game used to have loot boxes you purchased with real money that offered the chance to give you Brawlers, coins or upgrades. These were removed, and a new random chance item added that you earn by playing instead.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 14/06/2017, updated in 2018
Out Now: Android and iOS
Content Rating: PEGI 7
Skill Rating: 9+ year-olds
Players: 1 (10 online)
Components: 2D Overhead and Cartoon
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Brawl Stars. We also have a long list of games similar to Brawl Stars.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Brawl Stars.