Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked Hyper Scape 3 years ago. It was re-examined by Angela Hickman Newnham and updated 3 months ago.
The game is set in the future and the arena battles are a sport known as Crown Rush. 100 players are dropped onto the slowly shrinking map and must eliminate each other by shooting. To win you must hold the crown in the final sector for 45 seconds.
You can find and upgrade weapons and abilities that let you transform into a giant ball that can bounce around or make them invisible. When defeated the player becomes an "Echo", that can inform other players about the location of enemies. When an enemy is killed, you can use the revive point they drop to bring back fallen teammates.
Players progress through the tiers system, unlocked by the battle pass. Each tier requires 200 experience points from completing daily and weekly challenges and performing well in games. Points are also earned from interacting with Twitch streamers.
New weapons and characters are added over time. Season 2 (The Aftermath), for example, introduces a new Atrax weapon which bursts sticky time-detonated mines, a new Platform hack that aids access to new locations and Crown Rush Duo and Floor is Lava modes.
Cross-Platform: You will be able to play between PC, PlayStation and Xbox. Although this feature isn't available in the current beta version.
You can play this game in the following styles:
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4.
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- In-Game Pass: Purchase a season/battle pass to gain access to limited in-game purchases, reward items and other aspects of the game.
- You need a subscription to play online:
The tiered battle passes provide new characters to play and different outfits. It also provides weapon skins, melee weapons, deployment pods, emblems and sprays. These are all cosmetic items. The game partners with Twitch/Amazon and some battle pass rewards would require a Prime Gaming membership to claim those rewards.
Current purchases include:
- Hyper Scape - Season 2 Starter Pack will grant a Daily Gift,
- Hyper Scape - 100-Tier Premium Battle Pass
- Hyper Scape - 100-Tier Free Battle Pass exclusive Champion outfits, weapon skins, deployment pods and more.
- Hyper Scape - Season 1 Starter Pack £7.99
- Hyper Scape - 1,000 Bitcrowns £7.99
- Hyper Scape - 2,875 Bitcrowns £19.99
- Hyper Scape - 6,250 Bitcrowns £39.99
- Hyper Scape - 13,500 Bitcrowns £79.99
There is an exclusive Lightspeed Pack that is a free costume with PlayStation Plus.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Hyper Scape. We also have a long list of games similar to Hyper Scape.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Hyper Scape.