How does your child play this? Alone, with friends, with family? How did they discover it and what kept them coming back for more?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
This is a new team on Lego games, after a long run from TT Games. The focus is racing where you put your transforming vehicle to the test in a range of on and off-road terrain and open waters. Around the central racing, you can explore the worlds that lead you through a story or jump on quirky Lego minigames.
Along with the main story, you can collect and create your vehicles with over 1,000 bricks to find. This expands your racing options and adds the ability for land-based vehicles to transform into boats when over water. You can also meet Lego characters and take on missions for them, which further incentivises you to discover more of the environments.
The result is a fun and creative Lego game that appeals to younger players. The combination of exploration, destruction and multiplayer modes makes it great for families. Add to this the ability to construct your own vehicles from Lego bricks that determine both performance and aesthetics and you have a great package of brick-based fun.
Our examiner, Ben Kendall, first checked Lego 2K Drive 9 months ago. It was re-examined by Andy Robertson and updated 4 months ago.
You can play this game in the following styles:
Rated for younger players in Australia. Rated General (G) for Very Mild Crude Humour, Very Mild Violence, Very Mild Coarse Language.
5+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it’s important for parents and guardians to ensure they understand in-game purchases and have spending limits set-up. Very young players may struggle with the harder racing, but can still enjoy driving and exploring the world. The game clearly signposts where to go next and provides interesting missions for all ages.
Account RatingAccount required for online play that has 18 years old as minimum age. You need to be an adult of the legal age of majority to play the game, which is 18 in many countries. If you are younger you need to get parental consent as stated in the 2k EULA.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to Nintendo Online, but can then create accounts for children of any age to play online with Nintendo Switch.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
Lego 2K Drive
Lego 2K Drive Awesome Edition
Lego 2K Drive Awesome Rivals Edition
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- In-Game Pass: Purchase a season/battle pass to gain access to limited in-game purchases, reward items and other aspects of the game.
- You need a subscription to play online:
You can purchase additional vehicles and equipment via in-game purchases and subscriptions to the 4 season passes. You can opt to purchase all the season passes together in a Year 1 Drive Pass.
- Lego 2K Drive Awesome Edition - Aquadirt Racer Pack, Year 1 Drive Pass, Awesome Pizza Vehicle. 550 Coins.
- Lego 2K Drive Awesome Rivals Edition - Aquadirt Racer Pack, Year 1 Drive Pass, Awesome Pizza Vehicle, Wheelie Stunt Driver Minifigure, Machio Beast Vehicle and a Vehicle Flair, 550 Coins, Royal Sailor, Royal Outtaliner, Royal People Rover Street Car, Reckless Scorpion Stunt Driver Minifigure, Hamburghini Royale and Vehicle Flair
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 19/05/2023
Out Now: PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One and Xbox X|S
Content Rating: PEGI 7
Skill Rating: 5+ year-olds
Players: 1-2 (6 online)
Accessibility: 26 features
Components: 3D Third-Person, Blocks, Cartoon and Open World