How young was your child when they first played this?
How does your child play this? Alone, with friends, with family? How did they discover it and what kept them coming back for more?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked Splitgate Arena Warfare 2 years ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 6 weeks ago.
You play in online arena battles of teams of five. Along with accurate shooting, constant movement is encouraged and rewarded as you strategically place portals to gain the upper hand on enemies. Although this can take some time to get used to, Splitgate uses an online ranking system to match players against competitors of a similar skill level.
Rather than experienced players having the advantage of better weapons, all players start the match with the same guns and equipment. As is the way with classic shooting games, power weapons spawn on timers across the map, adding further layers of strategy to own and protect these choke points.
Currently released on PC and in beta on console.
Cross-Platform: Play across PC and PlayStation and Xbox.
You can play this game in the following styles:
Rated for younger players in the US. ESRB TEEN for Violence and Blood.
There is blood shown when human characters are shot. When players die, their body falls to the floor and remains there for some time. You can disable blood effects in the settings.
14+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content. You need a good sense of direction, quick wits and fast reactions. Understanding how best to use the portals to get around also helps, as does having the resilience to not mind when you lose and keep pushing ahead even if you are behind.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4.
Splitgate: Arena Warfare
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- In-Game Pass: Purchase a season/battle pass to gain access to limited in-game purchases, reward items and other aspects of the game.
- You need a subscription to play online:
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Splitgate Arena Warfare. We also have a long list of games similar to Splitgate Arena Warfare.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Splitgate Arena Warfare.