How does your child play this? Alone, with friends, with family? How did they discover it and what kept them coming back for more?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
It's a game about connection through dangerous experiences. Throughout the series you find yourself in sudden danger and must keep cool, explain things clearly to your friend and find a solution before your time runs out. As you progress you learn to communicate clearly. Your voice is all you have to begin with and you must use it cleverly.
Each person has a different set of puzzles, for which the clues are be hidden in the other person's room. It can get quite challenging as half of the puzzles are under time pressure, for example slowly flooding the room of the person with the puzzle inputs, whilst the other person desperately tries to figure out the relevant hints for the solution. They are especially good games for couples, but friends or a parent and child would also be good candidates for these games, hence why I think they deserve to be listed.
Each of the games is a standalone co-op adventure but the stories are connected. You learn more about the history of Castle Rock in the We Were Here Stories: Chronicles of Castle Rock live-action video series:
- We Were Here (2017) - Free chapter where Antarctic explorers have become split up in an old castle.
- We Were Here Too (2018) - Next chapters of escaping the castle.
- We Were Here Together (2019) - New locations and some play where you are in the same place.
- We Were Here Forever (2022) - New areas, puzzles, and improved interface and gameplay
The result is a lovingly created series of online puzzle adventures all about cooperative discovery, immersion and teamwork through communication. You and a partner must solve puzzles through smart communication and observation.
Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked We Were Here 14 months ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 7 months ago.
You can play this game in the following styles:
Rated for younger players in Australia. Rated Parental Guidance (PG) for Mild Violence, Scary Scenes, Mild Themes.
9+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content. Younger players need to have good observation and communication skills. In a family of four it can work to be in two teams of two. Good perseverance is needed and being able to cope with being under life-or-death pressure.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4.
We Were Here
We Were Here Forever
We Were Here Series Bundle
We Were Here Together
We Were Here Too
|£1.70 until 27/02/2024
|£1.70 until 27/02/2024
- You need a subscription to play online:
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 03/02/2017, updated in 2023
Price: 80% off
Out Now: Mac, PC, PS4 and Xbox One
Content Rating: PEGI 12
Skill Rating: 9+ year-olds
Players: 2 online
Accessibility: 22 features
Components: 3D First-Person