How does your child play this? Alone, with friends, with family? How did they discover it and what kept them coming back for more?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
As with the FIFA games, FC 24 refines the playing experience to create a more realistic game. This year there's a focus on rhythm and fluidity using match volumetric data to ensure the game captures the feel of real top-tier matches. Players and kits are modelled using real-world physics to add to the authentic feel of the game.
You can choose to progress in a number of ways. For example, you can focus on the pitch as a player. Or perhaps you want to concentrate on being a touchline manager in the Player Career or Manager Career modes. Then there are the FIFA Ultimate team aspects of collecting the best players by purchasing and opening football-stick-style packs.
The result is a game that is hugely popular with football fans and players looking for a competitive challenge. Going head-to-head with friends or working through the ranks online continues to be an experience young players love.
Our examiner, Jo Robertson, first checked EA Sports FC 24 4 months ago. It was re-examined by Andy Robertson and updated 3 months ago.
You can play this game in the following styles:
7+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it’s important for parents and guardians to ensure they understand in-game purchases and have spending limits set-up. Younger players need to be able to cope with moving around the pitch and chasing down opponents to tackle. Quick reactions are important to shoot at the right time. Opting for easier difficulty and one button and stick controls makes this more approachable.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to Nintendo Online, but can then create accounts for children of any age to play online with Nintendo Switch.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
EA Sports FC 24
- In-Game Loot Boxes: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. These include in-game purchases of random items (known as 'loot boxes') that offer a chance of getting rare/higher-value items although common/lower-value items are more frequent.
- Trade Items In-Game: Players can trade items they have earned or purchased, with other players in the game.
- You need a subscription to play online:
This game offers players the opportunity to purchase in-game items, in the form of card packs with randomised contents, which some parents or carers may want to be aware of. Parents, carers or other responsible adults should check to see what is being offered before making any purchase on behalf of a child. It should be noted that the game can still be played without the need to purchase such items.
To ensure players can make an informed choice about the value of their FUT Pack purchases, the game displays the likelihood of what you will get in every pack at the point of sale. Selecting Show Pack Probabilities displays the minimum probability of getting one or more players of the stated rating. Some player ratings have 100% probability meaning you will always get a least one player of this ability. Equally, players with a 'Ones to Watch' rating will be much rarer and only be found in, for example, 1% of packs.
Of course, these probabilities are for an individual pack. Opening multiple packs does not change the likelihood of being awarded an item from a specific category. Each time you open a pack with a 50% chance of a particular rating is still only a 50% chance even if you have opened multiple packs before it.
In addition to the tools provided on consoles and smartphones, the FC 24 Playtime feature is an additional set of tools to ensure you understand how the game is being played in your family. It provides not only an overview of the amount of time spent on the game but also the number of matches, the FUT Points purchases, and the number of FUT Packs you open. It also enables you to set limits on these things for your family.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.