Our examiner, Anthony Haigh, first checked Assassin's Creed Valhalla 2 years ago. It was re-examined by Ben Kendall and updated 6 weeks ago.
Valhalla places you in the role of Eivor, a Viking raider, who leads their clan of Vikings in the invasion of England. Combat has been altered from previous games to allow dual wielding of almost any weapon, including shields, to give a more Viking feel to the game. You can also control a raven giving you "Odin Sight" which can be used to scout the nearby areas as well as use their raven to distract guards.
All Assassins Creed games focus on a stealth and Valhalla makes use of this feature despite Vikings having a more raiding nature. Eivor can hide from enemies not only in grass and bushes, but can pull down their hood and slip into crowds to use them as cover.
The Assassins Creed Games also have a completely opposite side to them where the game you are playing is actually a VR type environment that the character is playing through 'DNA Memories' from their ancestors experiences to help open up the mysteries of History that have been forgotten, so gameplay will suddenly transfer into this future environment for you to play through this side of the story before you return to your ancestors legacy.
Of note to families with younger children not old enough to play the game but keen to explore the settings, there is a Discovery Tour mode and stand alone version on PC for Odyssey, Origins and Valhalla that provides a violence-free setting. This enables players to explore the full map without the pressure of quests and combat. It also adds enhanced cinematic scenes to focus on the smaller details being discussed during a tour. There are also quizzes to see how much history players have taken in during their exploration.
Rated for younger players in Australia. Rated Mature Accompanied (MA 15+) for Violence, Strong Themes, Coarse Language.
12+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content. It's also important to ensure children understand in-game purchases and have spending limits set-up. You need to have patience and forward-thinking for the assassinations. You also need to navigate the large map and work to collect the items you need. Resilience also helps when things don't go to play.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
|SALE||Xbox One||£59.99||£41.99 at the moment||–|
|SALE||PS5||£59.99||£51.99 at the moment||–|
PS Plus Extra
PS Plus Extra
|Xbox Series X|S||-|
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Complete Edition
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Deluxe
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Gold
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Gold Edition
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ragnarök Edition
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ultimate
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ultimate Edition
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Complete Edition
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Dawn Of Ragnarök
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Deluxe Edition
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: The Siege Of Paris
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath Of The Druids
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- In-Game Pass: Purchase a season/battle pass to gain access to limited in-game purchases, reward items and other aspects of the game.
The Season Pass includes two large expansions, as well as the Legend of Beowulf quest which focuses on the hero Beowulf, allowing players to discover the truth behind the character. This quest will be available on launch day for season pass owners.
- Wrath of the Druids: Journey to Ireland, experiencing Gaelic myths and folklores. Fight through haunted forests and beautiful landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings.
- The Siege of Paris: Infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future. Set in Francia, this new adventure will set Eivor on a dangerous path full of gripping questlines across the Frankish countryside towards one of the most infamous battles in Viking history. Players will get their hands on new weapons, abilities, gear, and skills to take on new enemy types.
- Seasonal Content: Free content with in-game events, including a new settlement, the Yule festival event, a new River Raids mode, and new skills and abilities.
The following in-game purchases are available:
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Premium Starter Pack
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Season Pass
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 10/11/2020
Price: 50% off
Out Now: PC, PS4, PS5, Stadia, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
Content Rating: PEGI 18
Skill Rating: 12+ year-olds
Accessibility: 43 features
Components: 3D Third-Person, Day and Night and Open World
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Assassin's Creed Valhalla. We also have a long list of games similar to Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Assassin's Creed Valhalla.