How does your child play this? Alone, with friends, with family? How did they discover it and what kept them coming back for more?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
The game is set In The Lands Between, ruled by Queen Marika. The Elden Ring, the source of the Erdtree and natural order of life, has been shattered. Marika's offspring have claimed its six shards. The shift of power has triggered a war, but an endless war where no one dies. For years this has raged on, destroying the planet and any sense of humanity. Your task is to hunt down these demigods, reclaim the shards and restore order to the world.
You pick a character class and venture out into the now harsh open world. Exploring on foot or on horseback you discover dungeon-like ruins, catacombs, castles and fortresses. The stylised environments and impressive beasts you take on give the game a similar feel to Shadow of the Colossus.
The world is split into six areas, each of which has a large demigod to defeat. You need to be ready to take on each one through developing your skills and equipment, but you can choose in which order you fight them. You can upgrade abilities as you progress through the world either purchased from stores or acquired from characters you meet.
The world is full of characters to meet each with their own motivations for helping or hindering your progress. How you deal with these inhabitants, and how you dispatch the demigods will affect the fate of the cursed land and unravel its secrets.
Our examiner, Jo Robertson, first checked Elden Ring 2 years ago. It was re-examined by Andy Robertson and updated 5 months ago.
- In co-operative play you can summon other players into your game creating teams of up to four. You can password protect your game so that only people you know can appear.
- In competitive play you enter another players game if they accept your challenge and then fight to the death.
You can play this game in the following styles:
12+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content. Although this is more approachable than other From Software "Souls" games because it is open world, it still requires resilience, patience and the willingness to lose some progress when you die.
Account RatingAccount required for online play that has 20 years old as minimum age. Players under 20-years-old must obtain the consent of their parents or other persons who have parental authority.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
Elden Ring Deluxe Edition
- You need a subscription to play online:
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 25/02/2022
Out Now: PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox X|S
Content Rating: PEGI 16
Skill Rating: 12+ year-olds
Players: 1 (4 online)
Accessibility: 23 features
Components: 3D Third-Person, Day and Night, Open World, Persistant World and Weather