What's the youngest age someone could enjoy playing this?
How does this game work for children of this age in your family?
To verify your input please enter your email to create an account.
Our examiner, Andy Robertson, first checked Tony Hawk 1 and 2 3 years ago. It was re-examined by Jo Robertson and updated 8 weeks ago.
The games pit you as a skater aiming to achieve a high score by performing tricks. This is achieved by combining moves like aerials, flips, grinds, lips, and manuals. More points are awarded for time maintained, degrees rotated, number of tricks performed in sequence, performing tricks on specific landmarks on the map, and the number of times the tricks have been used.
The moves are achieved by lining up your skater well and then pressing a series of button combinations to move between the different positions. It's hard to learn, and less instinctive than the Skate series, but still created an adrenaline-pumping sense of flow when you performed tricks perfectly.
The games in the main series include:
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (1999) on PlayStation, Nintendo 64. Re-release in HD for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (2000) on PlayStation, Nintendo 64, PC and Mac
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (2001) on PlayStation 2, PlayStation, GameCube, Xbox, Nintendo 64, PC and Mac
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (2002) on Xbox, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, GameCube, PC and Mac
- Tony Hawk's Underground (2003) on PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox and PC
- Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (2004) on PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox and PC
- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (2005) on PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Xbox, GameCube and PC
- Tony Hawk's Project 8 (2006) on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, Xbox
- Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (2007) on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS
- Tony Hawk: Ride (2009) on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii
- Tony Hawk: Shred (2010) on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 (2015) on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 (2019) Rerelease on Xbox One and PlayStation 4
10+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content. Although it can take a while to master, even younger players with good timing, a (developing) understanding of skate board moves and the ability to navigate a 3D world will enjoy Tony Hawk games.
- You need PlayStation Plus to play online with PlayStation 3.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to Nintendo Online, but can then create accounts for children of any age to play online with Nintendo Switch.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4.
Tony Hawk 1 and 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2
You need a subscription to play online:
- You need Xbox Live Gold to play online with Xbox 360.
- You need to purchase a Nintendo Online subscription to play online with Nintendo Switch.
- You need to purchase a PlayStation Plus subscription to play online with PlayStation 4.
- You need to purchase a Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online with Xbox One.
You can purchase cosmetic outfits and items in the game.
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 Digital Deluxe Edition includes additional skaters, outfits and content
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 The United Pack includes a set of apparel, skateboard decks and accessories.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Release Date: 04/09/2020
Price: 17% off
Out Now: DS, Mac, PC, PS2, PS3, PS4, Switch, Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Content Rating: PEGI 12
Skill Rating: 10+ year-olds
Players: 1-2 (8 online)
Accessibility: 9 features
Components: 3D Third-Person and Open World
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Tony Hawk 1 and 2. We also have a long list of games similar to Tony Hawk 1 and 2.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Tony Hawk 1 and 2.